Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Orientation

All done with orientation. Sat through 3 videos. *yawn* Got all my paperwork filled out, decided I'd claim 0 so I'd just end up with more money back from the IRS at the end of the year.

It is not a 401k plan, it is a personal IRA, and we cannot get into it until January. So... I shall just make a point of paying myself and not touching it and see how that works out, then once I have a large sum, I can always invest that or go to my own bank and start an IRA through them.

Health and Dental doesnt go into effect for 90 days. That's 3 months. Doesn't seem like much but since I've not had medical insurance in 3 years, I'm looking forward to seeing a Doctor again. (I have a really messed up stomach and I've passed 40 and still haven't done the dreaded tit-squeeze machine) Oh well it's only 3 months. Also, until my 3 months are up I don't get paid holidays off. I just get them off. I can golf for free though (insert sarcastic yeehaw there) I get 30% off on food and products bought inside the gated community. I plan to bring my own lunch however thus saving myself 100%.

I'm just hoping for a good experience. My only run in with a resident of that place was when I worked at Wal-Mart "Ma'am, could you please help me try these shoes on" I'm up a ladder stacking merchandise and politly say "Oh I'm sorry ma'am, we don't actually fit the shoes on your feet, but we do have benches at the end of the isle here for you to sit at and try them on" Lady frowns "Do you KNOW WHERE I LIVE?!" "No Ma'am, do you happen to know where I live?" "Don't get pert with me young woman, I live in _________, and if it werent for our community this place would be just a hole in the ground!" "I'm sure your right ma'am, however I might suggest that, maybe you should drive to Wilmington, they have a Bloomingdales there, you're presently in Wal-Mart, but you have a great day whatever you decide" And I walked off. So I have a bit if a biased feeling towards the people who live in that gated community.

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home