Monday, March 14, 2005

Microsoft High

Microsoft: Most unique education structure

I think I would have loved to attend this high school and that got me wondering who are the lucky ones. A previous article which led me to this one had stated that the school was being developed in the poorer section of Philidelphia.

WHY?

Why is it always the poor or very wealthy that get get get? What about the middle class that work hard but seem to get NOWHERE? Parents make too much money so kids can't get Pell grants for college, but they don't make enough money to be able to afford college for their kids, make too much money for WIC and other subsidies, yet strugle to put food on the table. BAH this wasn't going to be a social comentary, I just wanted to talk about the cool idea of this school. But there ya have it - it will come down to the class of the class wont it?

So here we have privatization of a public school, which I have nothing against, but my question still remains, who will get to attend these private/public schools in reality? Wealthy can pay their share, poor will get to go for free and what about the ones stuck in the middle, both parents working, but after paying for all they have to, have no extra money to pay for their kids to attend these kinds of schools? I know my true democratic colors are showing, but someone has to watch out for the TRUE poor right? I don't like sharing my money any more than the rest of the world but it just seems to me that you either have to be very wealthy or very poor to get anywhere in this world.

Hats off to MS and Philly for this cool idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home