Wednesday, March 09, 2005

MSNBC - What Bush Got Right

"All politics is local."

This was an insightful article, and for once I actually agree that Bush got some things right... And I don't mind saying that. Of course, I just will never forgive him for getting us involved with Iraq the way he did it. IF he had just said from the beginning that we will be going into Iraq to kick their asses because they rape, plunder, pillage and mutilate women, children and innocent men, I probably would have been agreeing with the invasion. But since I was told it was because of 9/11 and until that moment I had naively thought Osama Bin Laden was the core problem of that event, I stood apposed to the Iraq invasion. And if you think about it, most liberals probably felt/feel the same way because at the root of all we find bad/evil, being repressed is high on our list.

Bush could have gotten the entire country behind him had he just told us it was for the people. But see, I will for ever believe its about oil now, because the "for the people" came AFTER it was decided there were no WPD's. But that aside - I am glad for the people that they have more freedom than they did. I hope that they realize they stand a chance to make a better world for themselves. I hope they start standing up to those that try to oppress them.

I just wish we hadn't had to loose so many allies in his war on terror. We were ONE world for a couple of weeks for the first time in my entire life. Not only were WE flying our flags high, but so were other nations. It saddened me to see them back away from us so quickly. It still saddens me. We could probably save face if we really did start jumping to the rescue of nations like the one below, with all the rapes and killings - it might show the world that it isn't what a country has to offer us, but what WE have to offer the country.

Yeah, "All politics is local." so I guess this is MY local politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home