Friday, March 11, 2005

Job Updates

I'm pretty sure I was being watched over this week for sure.

Yesterday I called my manager to let her know that this would be the last Fri - Sat combo I could work, but that until we found someone to replace me, I could work Sat - Sun so neither she or Lou would have to work without a day off. When I told her, she almost cried with happiness, seems the new company that bought us and 4 other stores through out NC wanted her to lay me off this week, they feel the store can run all 7 days with only 2 people... and Lou has to go from a full time employee to a part time, meaning no benefits for him and of course just half a paycheck. AND my manager who is salary has to go from a 40 hr work week to a 50 hour one, with no pay increase.

DAMN

So, today I'm going to get my urinalisis done and some paperwork done, and check on my van (It turns out my angel kept me alive on this one too) it was not my front end that needed alignment, but the tie rods were almost stripped and Kenny (my friend and mechanic) told me I was THIS close to being in alot of trouble if they'd gone while driving...

DAMN

So a BIG HUGE THANKYOU to my angel(s) that watch over me.

After the urinalisis and the check on my van I have to go into work early so my manager can have a few hours off... she wants some free time while she still can. Think about it, we are in by 9 through 7:30 6 days a week and 11:30 - 6:30 Sundays. With only 2 people working those hours and when the time changes we stay open 1 hour longer all 7 days... and Lou is only allowed 22 hours for the week. The place will be open 70.5 hours a week (7 days a week) and Fridays you need 2 people there from 4 though 6, sure 1 person can do it but its CRAZY as hell without help. But I would hate to be in Sheri's shoes because she has to put in more hours and get less pay. Sounds more like the new company is trying to push her and Lou both out so they can put in their own crew.

I wish there was someway we could fight them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home