Monday, March 07, 2005

Job Hunting & other stuff

I had another interview today. This one for data entry. It pay's shit but it does have medical, dental and a 401k plan. The interview went well, and when the woman said she thought maybe I'd get bored with this job, I said "I'm only over educated, not over qualified - I sell cigaretts for aliving right now, there is no way this job could be more boring than that" She burst out laughing and said that was true. I hope she meant it. I know what she meant though, she was afraid I would look for something better, but no one can make a promise that they will stay somewhere, especially when only being offered 8.25 an hour! C'mon, everyone want to be able to not only pay bills, but afford nicer things in life! BUT... we have to start somewhere right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something Good To Read

If anyone is looking for a good read, I highly suggest "Pandemic" by Daniel Kalla
I'ts about the next possible killer flu which hasn't happened since the Spanish flu of 1918-19, which is a mirracle itself because the flu changes its dna slightly about every 40 years and causes an epidemic, so technically we're overdue by about 86 years. So anyway, you have a possible really bad flu out there and then mix in a few "I don't care if I die" terrorists and you've got a book that's kind of hard to put down. I know one thing - I started washing my hands quite a bit this week after reading it, makes you realize just how easy it is to catch crap from each other!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home