Friday, July 29, 2005

What's Right?

For the love of everything I hold dear in my life PLEASE tell me what is RIGHT! Because I sure know what's wrong!

Ok so I'm driving my van down the road today for the 1st time in weeks, because John has been using it non-stop since I presently am without a job and he presently is without a car. So I'm driving it, and the front end starts shaking and I start smelling burning rubber. I lean down to make sure the emergency break is off and yes it was (why it would be on anyway since it's as flat as a pancake here I wouldn't know - but he does things like that sometimes so I had to check.) So I pull over to the side of the road and John pulls up beside me (we were taking his company truck back to the offices) and I tell him what's wrong and didn't he notice it earlier today when he was out with it? No he says... hrmmm. Anyway I refuse to go any further in the wrong direction and instead I went home, called Kenny, my mechanic (ok so he's other peoples mechanic too, but when I call he says "whad'ya do to it now" so as far as I'm concerned he's MY mechanic - I just share him.) I describe the problem, he says, sounds like your break lines held up. To repair the break, 60.00, but if he has to replace it ALL... 3-400.00 *choke*. Oh... and DON'T DRIVE IT!

Ok I did mention I don't have a job right now right? So I have to figure out how the hell I'm gonna pay for this because I already know where all of john's money and my mom's money goes, and there isn't any to spare. I have 2 job applications pending, and I guess I will have to break down and go get a miniature minimum wage job (You know... the kind that pays about 6.00 an hour works you to the bone and after the government takes their share your left with cigarette and gas money.) Now if WAL-MART won't even call me in for an interview (which my mother says is because I won't work from 7 bloody am till 11 PM (their loss) then what the hell makes me think McDonalds will call me?

Always the optimist I guess.

Of course I am... I drive a 17 year old van after all! Dear lord... I'm a grown woman with grown children and have moved back in with my mother who I love dearly but everyday reminds me why the hell I left when i was 18! (If you think I'm an impatient person you have got to meet my mother.) As my bio-dad likes to tell me, "your mom could try the patience of a priest". At least I'm not a lesbian trying to live with my mother all over again. Of course having a sex life at all with your mother in the same house isn't all that fun either! Oh just shoot me now! Here I am in my prime at last with a boyfriend 15 years YOUNGER thank you very much and I have to wait for her to a. Go to bed or b. work late. GAWD it is high school all over again! Why the hell does she have to be so parochial? She was a young adult in the 60's for cryin' out loud! The way she acts you'd think she'd grown up in the Victorian age. Sex is sex woman, how the hell did YOU conceive your three children? Which reminds me, both of my brothers tell me I'm brave. BRAVE! Because I'm living with her. Yes I guess I am or I'm very very stupid. But lets go with brave. I prefer that. So now I'm brave and they are both on the left coast so that leaves me to take care of her because they think she's going to go senile eventually. No she won't. She'll get emphazima and become a royal bitch like my grandmother. Won't that be fun?

Wilmington Star News: Woman accused of killing her mother by stepping on the air hose. "Honest judge, it was an accident!" No seriously, I have these great plans of getting a decent job if someone would just OVER LOOK the 2 years experience part, hire me and let me work... then she can quit her job and sit on the couch all day watching the oxygen channel (GAWD I HATE THAT STATION!) She can 'retire' and I will take care of the house bills because damnit I want to! I want to tell her "I'm paying the bills around here so you'll do what I SAY! How many of you want to be able to say that to your parents? C'mon, don't be shy, raise your hands you know you want to say that! I want to leave the out door lights on and see my yard after sunset and when she bitches about the electricity I am going to say "You're not paying for it, I am" And when she wants to watch something at night I don't want to watch I'm going to say "Excuse me, but I pay for the cable" EVIL LAUGH!

Phewww all that ranting made me feel so much better.
And because I lost my temper and screamed today... I'm not cooking dinner, it's being cooked right now as I'm typing. Maybe I should loose it more often.

Ok in all fairness before I sign off I want to say this... I do love my mother. I appreciate that she has given me a home and allowed me to go back to college and earn my degree (while working too), she's helped me financially and because she is so much stronger than I am, she's taught me to be tough. Yes my brothers love her too, and we all 3 wonder if it wouldn't have been just a bit easier in our life if she had let us see hwe when she was down, cried in front of us once in a while. Then we wouldn't feel like such failures in front of her when we do break down.

Smile - It's the 2nd best thing you can do with your lips! =)

Ta Ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home