Saturday, July 23, 2005

I WON!

First AND second place in the B&W division for the counties Parks and recreations photography contest.

91 photos entered in the contest with only 16 to get 1st, 2nd or 3rd's in the different catagories and 2 honorable mentions in each of the catagories and I got both 1st and 2nd in the B&W's!!! Yeah I am freakin HAPPY about that! (No contest money though... just 2 plaques) But hell, it just makes me feel good to know others found my work to be as pretty as I felt it was.

Beach Access (B&W) S.E. 53rd St Oak Island
the 1st place winner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wench` said...

Hey Sam

How's your summer break going?

When considering a digital camera from the point of view of someone who knew nothing about them: (LOL)

1. Look into all name brand reputible manufacturers; ie. Cannon, Nikon, Kodak, Fuji etc.

2. Find the kind you want and can handle (This is important because I have more camera than I know what to do with!)

3. After deciding WHAT you want, go to ebay and look for it, not just personal sales (I actually wouldn't recomend that) go with the folks who represent stores, allot of times they have the older models and want to make room for the newer ones, so they post a low price you can go with OR make your own offer - which is what I did. I got an 800.00 camera for 500.00 PLUS a 3 year warenty, extra bateries, tripod and case, which doesn't always come with the camera.

4. After being on flickr.com for a while, I am finding that Cannon has a nice camera, with interchangeable lenses you can purchase later. I love my nikon, but I can't change the lens, what I have is all I'll be able to do with it. However, in all honesty, right now, I wouldn't know what to do with those other lenses anyway. Mine is a Nikon Coolpix 5700 with zoom nikkor ED 8.9-71.2mm 1:2.8-4.2 (Don't ask me what it means, but apparently it means allot to camera buffs! LOL)

Let me know what you decide!

July 25, 2005 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home