Thursday, April 28, 2005

Go Work in China, Immediately. - But don't buy any stocks from there. By Henry�Blodget

"A few readers did resent the send-the-rookie approach, and others were annoyed by my requests for help, as if I were offloading work that I should have been doing on my own. To this I would say again, with deep gratitude, that many of the better stories in the series were gifts from Slate readers to Slate readers, with my playing the role of grateful delivery boy."

And it seems to ME that this just goes to show you how so many people in the world are out for themselves and only themselves. Because I'll bet most of them said "what do I get out of this?" rather than "What will it hurt to help someone else out?" Surely the answer to both would be "NOTHING". So what does it hurt to help someone else out if it hurts nothing? One thing you will get out of it though is a bit of self respect, knowing you contributed to someone elses growth, knowledge and maybe monetary gain, but it cost you nothing except a few minutes of your time.

It takes allot of inner strength for anyone to travel alone - imagine traveling to another country where they don't speak your language? Nothing is familiar, because your a part of the western world and they aren't... To go it alone is more frightening to me than anything else. If I had that strength I'd try doing this at any age. I could always come home again right?

No thanks - it's just too scarey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home