Thursday, April 21, 2005

My Job

Well... I'm unemployed again.

I was working for a major bitch, and I kept my temper for 1 month and 2 days before I lost it.

My first week on the job the new boss took down a picture a friend of mine had given to me, it wasn't appropriate for work, but was behind my desk at foot level so that only I could see it and it was a picture of a road sign that said "For the love of Christ - get of your fucking phone and drive your car!" Since I was the only person who could see it I figured no big deal. Anyway, when I had come into work I found and envelope on my keyboard, which stated on the front of it "This is not appropriate for the work place" I looked and found the picture gone so figured that was in the envelope, I looked inside and yes it was... but ripped to shreds. That was her first mistake.

As the week went on and others followed, anytime I made mistakes (spelling, accidently putting a person into the system when they already were in it, simple fixable mistakes that a new person is likely to make) she would yell at me to come into her office and then point these mistakes out to me, rather than just pull up the mistakes and have me fix them which a normal person would do. And if I was the only one in the office she would come out of her office and get inches from my face, sometimes so much so that I'd literally have to wipe spit from my face, and that was her second mistake. And yes I told her to back up she was in my space.

Then... yesterday when I got to work I found this: You gave an appoint of Tom R to Brenda (She was his halper as of the prior week) and it should have gone to Pat (Both women are telemarketers and get bonuses for appointments... the fact is, when someone turns in the paper work for me to add to the data base, all I do is put in exactly what they wrote, and Brenda was wriiten on the paper - of which I copied the paper and left on her desk so she could kiss my ass) WORSE than that, you entered a new lead which was a duplicate and has been in the system since 2002. (Both the one I entered and the one she mentioned are in the delete bin so wtf? AND the one I entered was added by me on my very first day - get the fuck over it cunt) I Cannot have this. I only glanced at todays work and found these. Slow down and get accurate. I have talked to you about this several times and believe me I am serious. (More like she spit it at me several times and lets face it - my mistakes were all freaking fixable and any new person would be expected to make them, and I only made MAYBE a total of 20 in the month I was there. The girl who was suppose to be teaching me this stuff still made them and was there for the past year.

Well anyway, I'm not whinning about it, the point is, I sat there steaming about it for 3 hours, steaming about all her bullshit, and the way she spoke to me on a daily basis when being sweet as honey to my co-workers. SO I said to myself - "self, ya always said you wouldnt work someplace you hate going to each day so it's time to take a walk." So that's what I did. I packed up all my stuff right then (It was 11:30 am) and I left her a note on her desk cause she wasn't in, and I went home.

My note was very cordial and business like unlike hers which carried a tone of threat. Personally it wont bother me a bit to hear that she's died from a heart attach behind the wheel of her car just as a semi hits her. I'll just feel bad for the truck driver.

In the meantime I'll be watching my garden grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home