Saturday, January 22, 2005

Missing Money: Mystery in Iraq as $300 Million is Taken Abroad

Do we honestly think we are going to make Iraq into a Democratic Nation?

300 MILLION! Geez if only I had 5000.00 of that, just 5000.00. All my bills would be paid, plus some! I could breath easier until a better job came along. But hey I need a new car, mine is 17 years old and ready to die, lets make it 25,000.00 so I could pay all my bills and buy a brand new car. I don't need a luxury car, but I'd like a PT Cruiser that's been pimped out with custom paint job and DVD in the back seat and awesome stereo system.

Oh wait, I'm still thinking small potatoes here. I could put my kids through expensive colleges OR I could put every kid in 3 counties through colleges here in NC (And still afford to pay off my bills, and buy a new car). I could put heat into all the homes with no heat here. Hell I could put air conditioning into them too! Running water and plumbing - yes America, we do have 1800's living standards still here in America. In TN, AL, SC, NC, KY, GA, WVA, VA, and I'm pretty sure the south doesn't have it all. I'd bet there are people living in sub standard housing all over our great nation.

And I know allot of people feel we should help ourselves and not look for hand outs, and I agree mostly with that, but if we lived that way completely, then we wouldn't be handing out weapons to other nations, or being the go-between for 2 different political figures of a nation to keep war from breaking out. We wouldn't be the world police. So if we're going to fix the problems of the world - shouldn't we fix our problems first? Shouldn't we help our own nation - our family first?

Extreme Makeover - home edition cannot do it all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home