Thursday, January 20, 2005

The Inauguration of 2005

Well I didn't vote for the man... again. So not much to say on THAT issue. But I would very much like to say that it makes me proud to see all the past presidents come together for these events, I'm not use to seeing that. However I don't like hearing the news commentators speculating how people feel. When the Clintons arrived the applause wasn't as large as it was for the Bushes... well duh, the majority of the people gathered for this event are Republican don't ya think? The applause for the Carters was very warm... the news commentators said they thought the crowd love them... well I can sure attest to the fact that Americans didn't love the carters at the end of his term. The man is able to do far more now as an ex president than he was ever able to do as a president. So don't base peoples opinions on the applause. I wish Reagan was still alive and in good health. He was my favorite. Maybe because I was just getting to that age where the politics interested me when he was the Governor of California and Jimmy Carter was President. High school government class was boring as shit, but my teacher made us watch the news and report what we were learning, rather than reading text books. He had us learn the current events, and learn from them.

Anyone out there reading this who's a Bush fan, as you may have guessed I am NOT. But you can't categorize me into a group, because I just tend to vote for the man OR Woman I feel will do the best thing for this country. I was born and raised on the left coast but even by their standards of liberalism - I am not, yet I am not some stodgy old republican either. This war is wrong, it wasn't part of the deal when we were all screaming vengeance for 9/11. No one can make me see it differently either. BUT that doesn't mean I don't care about our troops - hell it's because I care so much about them I hate seeing them die for a frigging LIE. I want my best friend to come home safe, to be with her 6 yr old son, so she can raise him and not me and her mom. I want my other friends, my sons friends, to all come home safe. And I'll continue to send care packages to them all, with notes about home and all the silly stupid things that don't matter but mean so much to hear about. And maybe soon we'll be done with Iraq-nam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can see I am not at the funeral. Parking is at a minimum, its freaking cold for NC and the family doesn't know me personally anyway. With all the firemen, policemen, highway patrol men and sheriffs dept there, it should be a very nice funeral - but the family won't remember that part. Not for a few years, when its all less painful.

The state plans to prosecute for the death penalty and I sure as hell hope he gets it. believe it or not, the 19 yr old's father is in prison for life for killing a police officer as well. I hope the kid didn't procreate before this happened - maybe the chain will be broken in that family.

If you can't tell - I'm in a pissy mood today. It was such a senseless killing. The boy truly was and is an Idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home