Friday, February 25, 2005

What if this is it?

What if this is the only life we will ever have? No reincarnation, no heaven, no hell. Nothing.

No I'm not an atheist. I was baptized at birth and brought up to believe in Jesus Christ and God. Through the years I began to realize that half of all that we are taught though was missing something. So it was either 50% right, or 50% wrong, depending how you looked at it. The missing thing was women.

We're suppose to believe that man is the higher being, and we came second, and only because we were created from HIS rib? Yeah well I don't think so. I also don't think that God is alone. I just think all that man power is a crock of shit.

All I know is that the Christian belief really took hold around the time of Emperor Constantine (I think was his name), and this was actually about 70 or so years AFTER Jesus's death. He supposedly had his priests go around to all the men and women who were still living and have them re-account their stories of their friendships & the mirracles associated with Jesus to these priests, who then gave these reports to Constantine. He and his head priests went through the stories and put together what he wanted the Romans to know. He got rid of the women's stories because women are not rulers in the Roman Empire. He didn't get rid of all of them, just MOST of them. He also had some of it (probably most of it) edited. Then he and the priests created a way for Christians to worship, that would also bring in the followers of other faiths. He moved the Saturday worship to Sunday by decree of the Roman Emperor. This was to grab a hold of the people who were Sun worshipers. The followers of Athena were told of Mary, giving them Athena in the motherly role so as to get them to the official church of Rome as well. Anyway, you see where I'm going, and I probably have this all messed up, but this is pretty plausible to me. Think about it... if the story of Jesus is true, and he was in Jerusalem and that area of the world which of course isn't THAT far away from Rome, it still isn't all that CLOSE either. Close to Rome I mean. Not when transportation in those days was horses, carts with horses and your feet. But for some reason... some very weird reason, the home to the BIGGEST, maybe we should call it the ORIGINAL Christian house of Christianity... is in Rome. Why not in Jerusalem? Why not in the area that Jesus lived and died? Why the hell is it in Rome?

I guess the why doesn't matter does it? I just like to know these kinds of things. Like why is our government afraid for us to know there are UFO's? Big deal. So we're not the only life out there. Why the hell does that matter? Why would we think we were so special that nothing else could be out there, just us. If we're so special then shouldn't we be living much better than we do? SO that brings me back around to my thoughts on "what if this is it?" If this is it, and I died tomorrow, I know I lived a good life. Not every day. But on the whole, I was a good person. I never consciously stole anything from anyone (after the 5th grade). I never purposely hurt another human being (after I no longer lived with my brothers). I have been as kind as I could be without becoming a doormat allowing schmucks to take me for everything they could. BUT... I do not attend church and do not plan too except on special occasions to make my mom happy, mainly because it is not completely my way of thinking. And I don't expect them to make it to my way of thinking. But they should not expect me to just accept their way either.

So what if this is it? Then I guess I better make the most of it in the most positive way I can. Because God & Goddess knows there are enough Ted Bundy's in this world. And this world needs all the kindness it can get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One day in the garden of Eden, Eve calls out to God. "Lord, I have a problem!"

"Whats the problem Eve?"

"Lord, I know you created me and provided for me this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals and that hilarious snake, but I'm just not happy."

"Why is that Eve?" Came the reply from above.

"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"What's a man, Lord?"

"This man will be a flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vainglorious; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But... he'll be bigger, faster, and will like to hunt and kill things. He will look silly when he's aroused, but since you've been complaining, I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball around, or hearing himself or friends pass wind from their own bodies. He will need your advice to think properly."

"Oh great, sounds wonderful" says Eve with an ironically raised eyebrow. "Whats the catch Lord?"

"Well...you can have him on one condition."

"Which is?"

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant, and self-admiring...So you'll have to let him believe that I made him first. Just remember, it's our little secret...
You know, Woman to Woman"

"If you insist, Lord"

1 Comments:

Blogger Wench` said...

Sam your my history expert, what does it say about Constantines mother? I heard or read somewhere that she was actually one of the preistests from the infamous "Avalon" or at least a follower of their faith wich believed in the Goddess, who came in many female forms - depending on where you were in the world.

So I guess that since it was 300 years after death, he must have just collected the written works where ever they could be found to creat the bible?

It fascinates me to see what the real truth is behind it all.

Do you know why they put the Vatican in Rome then and not Constantinople?

Thanks for all your info sammy!

February 25, 2005 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home