Sunday, February 20, 2005

Private tapes shed light on candidate Bush

Private conversations with George Bush secretly taped by an old friend before he was elected president foreshadow some of his political strategies and appear to reveal that he acknowledged using marijuana, The New York Times reported Saturday.

I am not a Bush supporter as many of you know... but this is just down right BULLSHIT. Oh don't get me wrong, it's probably all truth, but when I say bullshit I mean... this was supose to be a trusted friend! I don't feel like anything that was said that I read here, was anything he needed to tell me as a fellow American. So it really doesnt pertain to him becomeing president. Do I care if he smoked pot in his youth? Would I care if he smoked now? I do not care what he did in his youth, I would care if he smoked it now due to the fact that I believe there is no such thing as 'off time' for the president of the USA. When his term is up and if he wanted to indulge, by all means do so. But maybe he should legalize it first. (And no I'm not a pot smoker - even though I'm a liberal). But I also don't think it's any worse than the alcoholism in a large percentage of adults here in the USA.

It just pisses me off to see someone who's suppose to be your friend stab a person in the back like that. Who are these people? What did their parents teach them to make them do such things? Is it some genetic malfunction or what? What makes people betray the ones who trust them? How can they live with themselves?

The only thing that would have upset me in those tapes would have been him saying how he would plan for us to go after Iraq. That would have pissed me off - anything else I don't give a rats ass about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home