Monday, February 14, 2005

Toxic Shock Syndrome

Someone I was talking with a few weeks ago mentioned that a friend of theirs died of Toxic shock syndrome back in the late 70's early 80's. Remember that stuff? How come we never hear about it anymore. Did it just suddenly stop killing people?

It got me thinking - many of the symptoms were similar to HIV. Could it possibly have been the same thing, but when it hit women at that time they just said it was TSS? If it's not the same thing, then where did it go? At the time it first came out, was when they were just learning about the Ebola virus and HIV, Aids all that. Maybe it was the same thing.

If anyone knows, please feel free to fill me in because I am curious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/girls/tss.html

This is NOT my usual department - lol. But probably some MAN designed a better tampon.

Uncensored thought.

February 14, 2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Wench` said...

I knew I could count on you darlin =)

February 14, 2005 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home