Saturday, February 12, 2005

The Art of Christo

I wish I could go see the gates that will open tomorrow in central park NYC for the next 16 days. I think it's going to be beautiful.

I don't live in a gray world, but I did for 3 years. The east coast is gray all winter with splotches of white if it hasn't melted or turned greyish black with dirt. But if I did live in that gray world still, I would welcome those bright orange gates with bright orange fabric blowing in the wind like a breath of fresh air. It would rejuvenate me, and give me hope of things to come, knowing spring was just around the corner.

I'm sure some city dwellers feel it ruins the sight of the trees, but I myself dont think so, I think it just ads to the enjoyment of the scenery.

I can't of course go there in person, I'll just have to see it on tv. Guess I'll just have to console myself with the 60 and 70 degree weather we get here in place of the orange gates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home