Monday, January 24, 2005

Let your daughter go - what are you afraid of?

15 years on a feeding tube isn't long enough for these folks to figure out she isnt coming back? Is her husband expected to give up his life and all his money to keep her alive - but not human? Not a living being - just a vegetible of sorts, that knows how to smile, but doesn't know much of anything else? Is that living? If anything like that were to happen to me, I hope my family doesn't keep me alive because that's all I would be, alive and nothing more. I wouldn't be ME.

I think Terri's parents are very selfish. The thing that really blows my mind is the end of the article... "They have asked the trial judge in Florida to remove Michael Schiavo as his wife's guardian. They said he has a conflict of interest because he has lived with another woman for several years and is the father of her two children. "

Did they expect him to not ever move on? He was young too when this happened. Would they have felt that way about their daughter had he been the one to suffer the heart attack? Would they have made her keep him alive? Are they afraid there isn't an after life?

If I learn nothing else in life the one true thing I will always know is People are weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wench` said...

I hear ya! We can euthenize our pets but we gotta keep our loved ones alive at all costs! I feel sorry for her husband, and I have no feelings for her parents anymore, they wore out my compassion years ago.

January 24, 2005 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home