Saturday, January 08, 2005

I'm Up I'm Up! Grrrrrrrr

I don't do mornings very well. I never have. It's much more natural for my body to stay up until about 1 or 2 am and fall asleep naturally. But I am the kind of person who cannot sleep the day away, yet would like 7 to 8 hours of sleep, but noise or light will wake me and I rarely can go back to sleep. (This is why I usually take that new sleep aide thats non-habit forming from tylanol) But when I wake up, please do NOT try to have a conversation of any kind with me for at least an hour. (Unless your a pet).

But I have gotten used to the fact that most other humans (at least in my life) cannot leave me alone for 1 hour. They MUST talk to me - even if it's just to talk about the weather. My son is about the only other person I know who is the same way. In this we get along perfectly. We can sit together on the porch, watching birds, squirrels, rain or whatever and not say a word to each other without feeling we're being rude. But my son has his own apartment so this doesn't happen anymore.

Instead I have others who live with me. My mother wakes up full of sunshine and chatter and even though she has known me my entire life still has NOT gotten it. Still cannot understand why she has to leave me alone while I sip my coffee or I get 'pissy'. My boyfriend on the other hand is 'pissy' when he first wakes up, but lets you know about it rather than just sitting quietly, so this tends to get my feathers ruffled right away. Because he is so much younger than me and is still in the "Sleep all day if you let him" mode of life, I tend to let him sleep until I have at least fully woken.

I think my youngest daughter is taking after me as well, but it's hard to tell since she too will sleep as long as she can and I'm usually busy and not paying attention when she first gets up. My eldest daughter though takes after her grandmother, and there is something wrong with people who wake up smiling. In fact they not only wake up smiling - they wake up EARLY! They like to do dishes and other things that make noise too. They annoy the hell out of me. I love them with all my heart. But for that ONE HOUR I wish they were still asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home