Wednesday, January 05, 2005

What's going on?

Ya'know, I didn't vote for Bush either time. I felt the first time around that he was a man that was going to get this country into a war. On September 11th I sat in front of my TV having been awoken by a friend that the twin towers were on fire. I had turned it on in time to see the 2nd plane crash into the second tower and knew that was no accident. I was in shock as was everyone else. But as the day rolled on and the out-pouring of concern and care and help was being offered in such abundance from other countries I realized that we weren't such a hated country after all. I cried as I watched the evening news, showing what other countries were doing to show their support of us.

Within 6 months we were hated again... we were going to go to war against a country who hadn't attacked the world trade centers. Bush got his war and I hate that I said this would happen and no one in my family believed me and they voted for him anyway!

Now here we are, a little more than a week after Christmas and the worst catastrophe the world has ever seen in my lifetime anyway and it really pisses me off that some how we are being blamed for the slowness of the tsunami recovery. Sure I'm pissed that Bush took 3 freakin days to say ANYTHING! If the rest of the world had taken 3 days to respond to OUR catastrophe, how would we have felt?!

But... I have to say this: He and the USA did not have a thing to do with the tsunami so why is America being criticized? Sure the initial amount of money for relief was a joke, I'm sure at the time they had no clue how huge this was (I myself would not have quoted any amount but instead would have said my advisors will be visiting the area to see how much we should send, but medical supplies, food and water is already on the way) but I don't think Mr. Bush ever had to take a customer service class in college the way I had too.

Anyway as I was saying, why are we being criticized? Why isn't rich countries like the Saudis anteing up tons of cash too? Why aren't more people demanding this of them? Why the hell does America have to fix everything and get bit in the behind when things go wrong? My heart goes out to all those people, I wish I could help. Not financially because I CAN'T - they have my jobs over there in India. I went to school for help desk operations, computer technicians and customer service. I could offer my muscles to help clean up but will they buy the plane ticket? I just feel terrible for the hurt and misery all the people are going through.

Just as I felt the hurt and misery all the people of Florida, Mississippi, Georgia and South Carolina went through this past summer with all the hurricanes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wench` said...

I'm not sure what it is your trying to say dude... I was saying I didn't agree to a war with Iraq and I didn't agree with critisism of the help the USA is sending to the tsunami survivors. What were you trying to say? And I did see the movie, and I think it was full of hollywood bullshit and we only got to see what the director wanted us to see. But I still didn't vote for Bush. Because I watch the news, I listen to the news and I read the news so I get both Republican and Democratic spins and make up MY OWN MIND. So again... what were YOU trying to say?

January 06, 2005 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home