Friday, January 07, 2005

Rants, Raves, Ramblings and *sigh* Work

MSNBC - Tsunami death toll up to about 145,000

1. So which is it? 160,000 or 145,000? And who bloody cares right now? Why are we being deluged with the death count at this point? Lets focus on the living at the moment and help them deal with this. Where I live - the hurricane coast - I just can't imagine how I'd feel sifting through rubble trying to find personal belongings while worried about family members I can't find, and finding dead people under rubble as I cleaned up. I really just don't think I could cope with that. I just don't think I'd deal well seeing children walking around looking for their parents, God how are they doing it? Day after day looking and hoping for those two people they trust more than anyone, being made to attend school only to see classmates empty seats. The news commentators say children are very resilient, but I just don't think anyone knows what the mental health of these kids are going to be like a few months down the road.

Tell us the numbers after the clean up is over ok?


Who should be the next secretary of homeland security?

2. Who should be the next secretary of homeland security? That's an easy one... Rednecks with guns! And all the grandmothers can be their bosses. (Because those guys are usually very well behaved with good manners around grandmothers!) They won't let anyone in or out of the USA who they think is a threat, and they love a good fight. Better let the southern branch of Baptists handle the body searches though, or some might get a bit frisky. "Scuse me Ma'am, sorry to have to check ya like this, won't take but a minute though ah promise" This would bring some jobs back to our people too wouldn't it?

*shrug* It was just a thought...

3. At last - home from work... all of 4 ½ hours of it. But on the brighter side, a woman stopped by who is part owner of the new coffee shop in town and said I could always apply for part time with them too while waiting for a full time job. I love coffee and the place has internet access and they are not all that familiar with computers. Hmmm maybe my degree in information Systems could pay off there?! Probably just wishful thinking.


4. Today's MAJOR rant. Rude drivers of all ages. Several things here...
a) STAY OFF MY ASS WHEN DRIVING BEHIND ME. Especially at night. If I can't see your freaking head lights in my rearview mirror you are too fucking close and I will - let me repeat this - I WILL apply my breaks and let you ram your $20,000.00 car into the ass end of my 16 year old van that is worth $450.00 (Blue book value). Won't bother me a bit.
b) KILL YOUR FUCKING BRIGHTS WHEN APPROACHING ON COMING CARS. This should be self explanitory. And those of you doing this to me will find that my van has this special little thing that when I hold in my light dimmer its a double blind before dimming or brightening, far worse than normal brights. (Not sure why it does it, but I've been using it for years and loving it).
c) CELL PHONE USERS - GET OFF THE FREAKIN PHONE AND DRIVE!!!!!! You cannot possibly do both well, one or the other is going to suffer so just stay off the phone! I'll tell ya one thing... cause me to wreck cause you were on the phone and I can get out of my car and walk... YOU BETTER RUN!
d) BLINKERS - ALSO KNOWN AS TURN SIGNALS. USE THEM! Did you NOT attend a drivers training course at some point in your lives?! I swear to the Goddess you make me want to slap your lazy asses!

I'm sure I will rant more on this as time goes by, because I really hate rude drivers.

Until another time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home