Thursday, January 27, 2005

Dr. Death

After one death American doctors are usually held accountable to make sure no wrong doing was done, makes me glad I live in the USA where the doctors just rob you!

The last time I went to see a doctor I had the flu really bad and I only went because my mother insisted (And you know moms... they refuse to take no for an answer once they have decided what you should do.)

So anyway, I went to the doctor, a nurse ushered me into my room, took my blood preasure, temperature, weighed me and did all the other stuff they do, then she asked me my symptoms. After that she left.

10 minutes later the doctor walked in, read my chart and said 'sounds like a good case of the flu to me"
Gee ya think?
"Well here's 2 prescriptions for you that should help you feel better" Hands me two slips of papers and begins to walk out the door.
I said "What are you? The one minute man? Your wife must love you in the sack!"
And grabbing my coat I walked passed his surprised face, he followed me all the way up to where you have to pay your bill and I asked the lady there "How much did that cost me, to be seen by the doctor for less than 2 minutes?"
And she took my papers (and the doctor stood there looking uncomfortable - which he shoulda been at this point) and she comes back from her computer and said "That will be 78.00 Ma'am" At which point (whipping out my check book) I looked at the doctor and said "78.00!! For your information, I already knew I had the flu, and nytol was making me feel just fine - you arent worth 78.00 and if it werent for my mother you wouldnt be getting this money, because I need a heater installed in my van more than I needed you!"
I handed over my check and walked out.

I still don't let my mother live that one down, everytime I get sick and she sais I think you should go see a doctor I tell her to go for me... and to pay the bill herself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wench` said...

Yup no shit babycakes, that's what I'm talkin about! Pisses me off and I realize a big portion of the problems is because of the insurance the doctors have to pay in order to be doctors.

Whats the answer? Higher taxes but in order to have free health?

no clue...

January 27, 2005 5:36 PM  
Blogger Wench` said...

Echinecia all the way! And GARLIC in all your cooking! (I just love garlic - don't know if it works or not but I do know that I only get the flu every few years and I'm rarely sick with colds.)

January 27, 2005 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home