Saturday, September 10, 2005

Damn


Current Events
Originally uploaded by NC Wench.
All I can tell you is that right now and all day today we've been getting gusts of wind at 27 mph, and it isn't expected to make landfall until late Monday/Tuesday.

But the good news is: It's sitting still, so that pulls all the cold water UP into the warm water, which isnt good for a hurricane. AND, it's drawing in DRY air, which also isn't good for a hurricane.

BUT... if it moves slightly, it gets more warm water from the gulf stream and more moist air. But the projected path brings the eye over Jacksonville, NC, so that puts my house on the lighter side of the storm. I figure Monday morning I'll know if my plywood has to go up. (This is the problem with hurricanes, we never know exactly WHERE they will go until about 12 hours before they make land fall).

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home